Jamie Oliver's Rib-Eye Stir Fry with Dan Dan Noodles
I was home sick sometime in February and was watching the 30 Minute Meals show by Jamie Oliver on the Food Network. Jamie made this amazing rib-eye stir fry and he made it look so quick and easy! I aimed to do it in 45 minutes, because 30 seemed like the time for when you mastered it. Man I was cooking fast!
YouTube has the actual episode that I followed, but I also sort of found the recipe online. I did not make the tea like he did in his video, and I couldn't find Dan Dan noodles so I used another kind of egg noodle, which was a mistake but didn't take away from the flavours & complexity of this meal. I also couldn't find sezchuan chili spice so I used red chili flakes instead. It probably made a HUGE difference that I will never know. There were lots of flavours going on in our mouths - spice & lime were the two prominent ones. I would make it again with the proper noodles, and at least the proper flavouring. It was a bit too much flavour burst for Kyle and I.



Post a Comment