Rainy, Butternut Squash Soup, Kinda Day

It is dark and rainy and getting colder! This is the perfect time to start making soup!

Butternut Squash Soup

1 Butternut Squash
1 Onion, chopped (or 4 leeks chopped)
1 Bay Leaf
4-5 Cups chicken broth
Salt & Pepper
2 tsp to 1 tbsp of curry paste to taste (I used Madras Curry Paste because that's what I had)

Croutons from this recipe - sourdough bread makes these to die for!

Lightly toasting up some raw pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped, taste delightful as a garnish!

1. Cut Butternut Squash in half and scoop out the innards. Put on a pan in the oven at 425 F facing up and roast until tender.
2. When squash is ready, remove from oven and set aside.
3. In a large saucepan add chicken broth, chopped onions, bay leaf, and curry paste. Bring to a simmer.
4. Meanwhile, peel the squash and chop into 1 inch pieces, then place into the simmering pot.
5. Let simmer for about 10 minutes - squash and onions should be soft.
6. Remove from heat and pour half at a time into a blender or food processor (or use an immersion blender). Blend until smooth.
7. Pour into bowls and serve topped with a dollop of sour cream and croutons! (and toasted pumpkin seeds if you have some!)

Delicious! There are lots of butternut squash recipes out there ranging from sweet to spicy. Just try some out and see what you like!

The Food Network has a more structured recipe that a friend of mine loves. She doesn't use the pumpkin bowls, but does use the same croutons I mentioned above!

Yes, I know I'm not a good photographer... so don't let the photo fool you. It was so delicious!