Sparkles in My Oven
I didn't think I had oven cleaner, but I did! Thank the Lord. It was strong stuff though. I had to keep holding my breath to clean inside, and going out for breaths of fresh air. After heating the oven up to 200 F and then shutting it off, I sprayed the inside of the oven covering all the grease and build up, including the oven door. I kept reading how important it was to wear gloves, and protect the floor underneath, which I did. After waiting 5-10 minutes you just take a metal scrubby and scrub away! It was uncomfortable and awkward. A tip I read was to keep a bowl of hot water in the oven while you scrub so that you don't have to walk all the way to the sink each time you need to rinse it. This prevents your floor from being dripped on. After scrubbing, I wiped up the greasy water with some paper towel, then got a rag to wipe it all clean! Beauty.
The grossest part was pulling the oven out to see what was behind. Ack! It was a dreaded deed. Kyle volunteered to vacuum and scrub the floor where the oven was because there were lots of dead spiders, and grease, and ew. What a sweet sweet husband! Now I feel a lot better about our oven and I don't have to keep wondering what kind of gross secrets lie beneath.
Here are the pictures of behind the oven. Ick
Don't know what that red thing was... we also found an orange nerf, and a pencil.
Love it
You go Kyle!
Sparkly clean!



Post a Comment