Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Crisps

This blog goes out to my staff members who kept asking for the recipe of the fruit salsa & cinnamon crisps I brought to staff meeting awhile ago. This is one of the best things to have out at any gathering! 



Fruit Salsa Recipe:

I used this recipe as a guideline but really didn't follow it at all. Fruit already has sugars in it to make it sweet and delicious! They put WAY too much sugar in their recipe. Here's what I did:

A bunch of chopped up fruit (blueberries, apple, strawberries, pineapple)
Finely chopped mint (just a couple leaves as I only wanted it to be a hint) - I actually used my Peppermint Chocolate Mint.
Probably only a teaspoon of fruit jam (I used rasberry).

Cinnamon Crisps:


Tortilla rounds (I used the large ones and cut them into strips, but if you used the small rounds you could cut them into triangles)


After I cut the tortillas, I placed them on parchment paper on large pans and sprayed the first side with olive oil (you could use Pam if you don't have an oil spray bottle, or butter works too). 


Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the side with olive oil, then flip the tortilla slices and repeat.


Cinnamon sugar can be made by putting 4 tbsp of sugar (or more or less if you desire) and 2 tsp of cinnamon (or more or less if you desire).


Bake at 350 F for about 8-10 minutes or until nice and crisp. Don't worry about turning over.

You can serve right away if you wish, or keep them for later! I made mine the night before, so the salsa became really flavourful as all the juices mixed.