Passe la Poutine S.V.P.
I fell in love with Poutine when I went to Quebec in 2005. My first ever Poutine was eaten on a beach near Riviere Du Loup, QC. The way all first Poutine's should be. I won't say I've mastered Poutine. But I've at least mastered this recipe.
Poutine consists of potato french fries covered in gravy and cheese curds. I'm eating it right before Zumba tonight - should be good times. The BEST cheese curds are found at Birchwood Dairy in Abbotsford. The trick is to either get them super fresh, or microwave them before you eat them - this brings out the SQUEEK in the infamous "Squeeky Cheese."
My favourite fries recipe is found here on Annies-Eats blog. I don't have any special advice for these aside from just follow the directions!
Then I usually just buy Poutine gravy from a package, such as the Club House brand. I haven't tried making my own gravy but when I do one day I will try something simple like this. And then one day after that I will try a gravy from a real roast. Ha. Ya right...
Here's how it turned out! (Ps. Don't forget the salad on this one...)
I'm not too sure, but I think this is one of Kyle's favourites.



Post a Comment