Pie + Soup = BFF
I used the Double Crust Sour Cream Pie Crust and Apple Pie filling recipes from Canadian Living. I've made this apple pie before and it's not too sweet and not too gooey. Just perfect to eat many many slices!
If you've ever made pie crust from scratch you will know how it can be a bit of a challenge sometimes. You start with this falling apart mound of crumbly dust and somehow it turns into what its supposed to (though, sometimes against its will). So, if you're mad at your crust and throw the rolling pin into the dough in a huff (like I did...), you may need a few more sprinkles of water, or you may just need a little boost of encouragement! And if it's the latter, give me a call and I will be sure to give it to you.
I ate the soup at home, then brought the pie to Gavin Gallagher's (Andrea & Scott) 1st birthday party! Of course, Gavin ate a different cake (Free for 1st birthdays at Thrifty Foods!). Isn't he ADORABLE!!?
The Chicken Noodle Soup is from my mom's personal collection. Therefore, it has no specific measurements and a lot of it is just up to taste. This is kind of what I did:
Pot with some water, 2 chicken bouillon cubs, chopped carrots, celery, onions, parsley, 8 peppercorns to be exact. I used 2 chicken breasts because that's what I had, but chicken thighs will give you a nicer broth (they're fattier), but I liked that I could just throw the chicken breasts right into the soup without a cheese cloth. I could also easily shred the chicken right into the soup. Basically, just throw it all in the pot and bring to a boil, then simmer for awhile (45-60min?). Then, add noodles at the end.
*Note: If you want to freeze the broth, take the chicken out before shredding it, and boil the egg noodles in a separate pot. You don't want to freeze the broth with chicken & noodles in it.
And that's just going off the top of my head because I've already packed away my recipe books. Moving in 2 days!!!!!!



Post a Comment