My Thumb is Getting a Little Bit Greener
Why she told me to buy Petunia's:
1. They can handle the amount of sun they get.
2. They can handle the shallow boxes they would be going in.
3. They can handle a lot of rain. (which only half of them will actually be getting)
4. They are pretty! (I bought fuchsia pink ones!)
She also told me to fertilize them weekly. I bought Miracle Grow All Purpose Plant Food.
Then today I went to Canadian Tire with my friend Stephanie and bought some garden tools, a grape tomato plant, and a CHOCOLATE MINT PLANT! I discovered last week online that there are flavours of mint plants out there in the world and when I found it I couldn't resist. I plan on making my own chocolate mint tea in the future. Canadian Tire also sold Apple Mint and Ginger Mint plants.
After I planted, weeded, fertilized, and swept, I went to the rhubarb plant in the back and attempted to weed around it. It is so overgrown in the back it is more or less unmanageable at the moment. I did my best. And now my body aches..... How do seniors do it?!!
Ps. Someone should tell me when I should harvest this rhubarb!



2 comments
awesome! So pretty :)
As a very inexperienced gardener, I am in full affirmation of your purchasing petunias. I planted them at my office last summer, and despite my lack of a green thumb, they thrived!
All the best. :)
Post a Comment