Rolling into Summer with Roll Kuchen

Roll Kuchen - from the Mennonite Treasury of Recipes, pg. 14


Sift together:
3 cups flour (start with less & add)
2 tsp. salt (or less)
1 tsp. baking powder

Add:
6 tbsp. melted butter or margarine (I once forgot this entirely and I never noticed. So less than 6 tbsp would totally be fine too. I actually wish that this time I didn't put so much butter in it).

Beat 2 eggs well. Put in cup and fill with milk. Add to the flour mixture and mix well. Roll out and cut in desired forms. Fry in deep, hot oil until a nice golden brown.

Serve with watermelon! (or jam)

I think throughout this summer I'm going to try each of the FIVE Roll Kuchen recipes from this book. See how they compare :) Why do they need to add 5 of the same recipe for so many of the same dish? Likely because each Mennonite woman who submitted their recipe thinks that theirs is the best. Stay tuned as I find out the TRUTH!




Josh kindly helped with the frying :) And my hair still smelled like oil the next day!